Print Print

Children's Fitness Tax Credit

Children's Fitness Tax Credit

For each of your children under 16 years of age at the beginning of 2007, you are eligible to a maximum amount of $500 per year for expenses paid in 2007 to register them in a physical activity program. If one of your children qualifies for the disability amount and is under age 18 at the beginning of 2007, you may claim an additional $500 as long as registration fees of at least $100 were paid for registering to the program.

To be eligible, the program must be ongoing (one session per week for at least eight weeks or five consecutive days in the case of a children’s camp), supervised, and suitable for children.  Substantially all of the program’s activities must include a significant amount of physical activity.

If some of the expenses you paid also qualify as child care expenses, these expenses must first be deducted as such. In 2007, only Manitoba, Nova Scotia and the Yukon have programs that are similar to the federal program.

« back to news


When is a business required to register for GST and QST?

» more

Why create a spousal trust in a will?

» more

Should a student file a personal income tax return?

» more

Société de comptables
professionnels agréés •
Partnership of Chartered
Professional Accountants

759, rue du Square-Victoria, #400
Montréal, Québec, H2Y 2J7

+1 514 282 1836

UHY VICTOR UHY VICTOR LLP (the “Firm”) is a member of Urbach Hacker Young International Limited, a UK company, and forms part of the international UHY network of legally independent accounting and consulting firms. UHY is the brand name for the UHY international network. The services described herein are provided by the Firm and not by UHY or any other member firm of UHY. Neither UHY nor any member of UHY has any liability for services provided by other members.