Print Print

2013 - changes to the Canadian Foreign Asset Reporting (T1135)

On June 25, 2013 the CRA release an expanded "Foreign Income Verification Statement" (Form T1135).

The T1135 must be filed by Canadian taxpayers who hold Specified Foreign Property (i.e. - foreign invesments) with a total cost exceeding $100,000.

Starting in 2013 there are important changes to the T1135.  Starting in 2013, Canadian taxpayers are required to include details with respect to each Specified Foreign Property including:

  • Country where the investment is located.
  • Name of bank/entity holding the funds.
  • Maximum amount held during the year.
  • Funds held at year-end.
  • Income/Loss and/or Gain/loss on disposition.

The new T1135 can be viewed by clicking here.

Please contact me if you have comments or questions regarding the new increased Canadian foreign reporting requirements.

« back to news


On what dates are personal income tax instalments due?

» more

What is the FBAR filing deadline for 2017?

» more

What is the penalty for filing your personal income tax return late?

» more

Société de comptables
professionnels agréés •
Partnership of Chartered
Professional Accountants

759, rue du Square-Victoria, #400
Montréal, Québec, H2Y 2J7

+1 514 282 1836

UHY VICTOR UHY VICTOR LLP (the “Firm”) is a member of Urbach Hacker Young International Limited, a UK company, and forms part of the international UHY network of legally independent accounting and consulting firms. UHY is the brand name for the UHY international network. The services described herein are provided by the Firm and not by UHY or any other member firm of UHY. Neither UHY nor any member of UHY has any liability for services provided by other members.