Print Print

Quebec introduces annual reporting for landlords

Quebec Budget 2015

(March 28, 2015) The 2015 Quebec budget introduced a new requirement for owners of apartment buildings with tenants that are eligible for the Solidarity Tax Credit.

Starting in 2015, landlords are required to file an "occupation record" as of December 31 which includes:

  • a list of the tenants;
  • whether or not they allowed the dwelling to be sublet; and
  • information about the subtenants, if applicable.

The occupation record must be filed by the last day of February of each year regarding the preceding calendar year. The government also requires that the landlord transmit copies to the tenants or subtenants within the same deadline.

The government has not yet released the form, and additional details regarding this new requirement are expected to be released in the near future.

For more information please see:

"Filing of an information return by lessors" on page A.31 for the official notification.

Click here for a summary of the budget.

« back to news


What is the TFSA and how much can I contribute to it?

» more

What is an FBAR?

» more

Should a student file a personal income tax return?

» more

Société de comptables
professionnels agréés •
Partnership of Chartered
Professional Accountants

759, rue du Square-Victoria, #400
Montréal, Québec, H2Y 2J7

+1 514 282 1836

UHY VICTOR UHY VICTOR LLP (the “Firm”) is a member of Urbach Hacker Young International Limited, a UK company, and forms part of the international UHY network of legally independent accounting and consulting firms. UHY is the brand name for the UHY international network. The services described herein are provided by the Firm and not by UHY or any other member firm of UHY. Neither UHY nor any member of UHY has any liability for services provided by other members.